June 18, 2013
The morning did not quite bring an end to the storms for us. In fact, storms and rain were forecasted for the entire day. So, Kris and I decided to move the boat into Worton Creek Marina for the day. Unfortunately, there is not much to do within walking distance of the marina. So we spent the day relaxing, walking around the marina and the nearby neighborhood, and trying to sneak up on the heron who hung around the marina.
Though our day is not much to report, we have visited this area many times before. We enjoy visiting the nearby town of Chestertown. So, though we did not visit it on this day, here are a few Spot Specs on Chestertown, MD.
Spot Specs: Chestertown, MD
- Marinas: Chestertown Marina; many boats also find good anchorage on the south side of the Chestertown bridge. Note: Chestertown is not located right off of the bay. You will have to navigate up the Chester River to reach it by boat.
- Restaurants: many local restaurants and a few chains. We recommend the Fish Whistle, Lemon Leaf Cafe, and Evergrain Bread Company.
- Shops: there are a few local shops located in town, and an Acme and Walgreens and a few other larger stores at a shopping center on the north side of town.
- Schooner Sultana: this replica of a pre-revolutionary British schooner hosts 2 hours sails at a variety of times throughout the year. Check sailing times and purchase tickets at http://www.sultanaprojects.org/publicsails.htm
- We always enjoy a little walk around town, as there are many old residential houses to admire and general feeling of relaxation in the air